The Office of the Inspector of Journalist Ethics
MISSION, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE INSPECTOR OF JOURNALIST ETHICS AND THE OFFICE
The mission of the Inspector and the Office headed by him is to ensure that public information is respectful of human rights and freedoms, to develop the civil society and critical approach to the public information processes, to raise public legal awareness and the awareness of human rights, to foster sustainable relationship between the public information producers and disseminators and the general public and to promote the public information producers’ and disseminators’ responsibility.
The strategic goal of the Office involves protection of human rights in the media.
The Office activity involves ensuring the implementation of functions assigned to the Inspector. The trends and objectives of the Office activity, aimed at ensuring performance of the Inspector’s functions, shall involve the following:
1) Examination of complaints (applications) from individuals and violation of regulatory laws governing provision of information to the public;
2) Monitoring and analysis of public information;
3) Public information expertise;
4) Cooperation with other institutions, public education and consulting;
5) Drafting and provision of proposals for laws and other legal acts.